Members Survey – January 2021
To guide the direction of the CoP a members survey was conducted. Of 76 responses some key results are as follows:
Inaugural Event – February 2021
- Showcase demos – gamification in practice
- Breakout sessions in Teams channels
- Summary and next steps
- Afterparty demoing GatherTown as potential resource
Asynchronous Event – March 2021
- Series of videos on member experiences with games in the classroom
- Sharepoint page of video resources from colleagues here.
- Promoted discussion in the CoP team channels
Are you interested in adding a video of your games-base practice? Just record something short (2 to 4 minutes) and send the link any of the committee members to add it to the Sharepoint site.
Website established – April 2021
- Established web presence as part of gamestoteach.ie
- Cross-campus collaboration within committee and wider membersip
- Established a MS Teams space for online collaboration
- Continuous engagement with building Padlet wall of resources
We are providing funding for a number of members to attend Advanced HE Innovation in Teaching Practice: Gamification 2. Members who receive funding are asked to contribute insights gained to the community of Practice in the form of a collaborative workshop.
We will also be purchasing a toy box of games and licenses by the end of May 2021. Ideas and suggestions for game-related purchases were drawn from member discussions. These will be ready for evaluation when classes kick off next September (or as soon as campus activity is resumed).