Date: 16 March 2022
Time: 12-4pm (Light lunch provided 12-1pm; Workshop 1-4pm)
Place: Room D028, TU Dublin Blanchardstown
Facilitator: Suzanne Faulkner, University of Strathclyde
Registration (limited places): https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/lego-serious-play-workshop-registration-277544903277
LEGO© Serious Play© is an open-source facilitation methodology. Participants are enabled to reflect on their shared stories through building 3-dimensional models of their ideas with LEGO© bricks. This approach encourages creative thinking, communication and problem-solving skills. It has a number of applications in the classroom, whether as a medium to enable discussion or a tool to develop soft skills.
LEGO© Serious Play© also has the potential for application in the broader higher education context. It is a powerful tool for team discussions and collaboration, and tackling communication challenges or sensitive topics outside the teaching environment. This video produced by MMU provides an introduction to LSP for HE.
This workshop aims to give participants an introduction to the full LEGO© Serious Play© experience. Maybe your institution has already purchased LSP kits, or considering making this purchase? Or you’re curious about how you can incorporate this methodology into your own teaching? For those considering investing in LEGO© Serious Play© kits*, or just wondering what LSP is all about, this hands-on workshop will provide an opportunity to explore the possibilities that the methodology offers. A number of potential applications will be explored and guidance will be provided on next steps to enable participants to apply the methodology in their own practice.
- Date: Wednesday 16th March.
- Time: The workshop will run from 1pm-4pm, with a light lunch provided from 12pm.
- Place: The location is Room D028, Technological University Dublin – Blanchardstown Campus (Google maps location: 53.4054940686435, -6.376562571685723). The blue dropped pin on the image below shows the location of the room.
- Parking: Paid parking is available on campus.
- Transport: Public transport options are shown here.
- Organisers: Helen Williams and Irene McGinn, Creative Digital Media, TU Dublin Blanchardstown
- Contact: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
All equipment and LEGO© will be provided for the workshop, so you do not need to raid your children’s LEGO© stash! However, if you would like to take home your own official LEGO© Serious Play© Window kit (see below), you can purchase one for €5. Let us know in advance and Suzanne will bring sufficient kits with her. You can indicate if you would like a kit (and how many you want) on your booking form.
*Note: When running your own LSP sessions, although it’s great to have the LSP kits, you can use any LEGO© you have at your disposal…within raiding distance!